Bon Jovi launches its 2022 North American tour: set list, videos

Bon Jovi kicked off its Spring 2022 North American tour with a performance last night at the Chi Health Center in Omaha, Neb.

The band kicked off their set with “Limitless”, the opening track from their 2020 album. 2020. From there, they moved on to “The Radio Saved My Life Tonight”, performing the song for the first time live since September 2015.

Bon Jovi continued to mix things up throughout the night, performing classic hits like “You Give Love a Bad Name” and “Wanted Dead or Alive,” alongside deeper album cuts. Among the surprises was “Just Older,” which hasn’t been heard at a Bon Jovi concert in over a decade.

About halfway through the set, the band delivered an acoustic trio of tracks, performing stripped-down versions of “American Reckoning”, “We Don’t Run”, and “Someday I’ll Be Saturday Night”.

Watch Bon Jovi perform “We Don’t Run”

The iconic track “Livin’ on a Prayer” brought the house down at the end of the opening set. Bon Jovi then returned for an encore of “Love’s the Only Rule” and “Bad Medicine.”

The full set list for the show is available below.

In a recent conversation with the Charlotte Observerfrontman Jon Bon Jovi described the “good problem” he faces when choosing a setlist.

“I have been blessed. I released 17 albums in my career. It’s a lot of music. … You go, ‘Oh, this one would be nice to step down again.’ And it’s not an easy task, because the public wants to hear songs X, Y and Z. … You have to do all the obvious hits,” he explained. “Believe me, it’s a good problem to have. But yeah, hits are 70%, and that leaves you with 30% for new material and obscure bits. That’s the kind of breakdown. [So it leaves] you with X number of slots for your artistic moments, you know, “listen to me and watch me”, when it’s just “I don’t care if you don’t want to hear this song, I want it play. I get one or two of them.

Watch Bon Jovi perform ‘Wanted Dead or Alive’

“Then I have the benefit of changing it every night,” he continued. “If someone hears ‘Always’ one night and ‘Bed of Roses’ the next, that’s cool. Everything is acceptable.

“Really, it’s like a very simple [process]“, admitted the singer, “but nevertheless a Rubik’s Cube.

Watch Bon Jovi perform “Livin’ on a Prayer”

Bon Jovi, Chi Health Center, Omaha, Neb., April 1, 2022
1. “Unlimited”
2. “The radio saved my life tonight”
3. “You’re giving love a bad name”
4. “We weren’t born to follow”
5. “It’s My Life”
6. “Just Older”
7. “Born to be my baby”
8. “Nice drug”
9. “Let It Rain”
10. “Keep the Faith”
11. “The American Reckoning”
12. “We Don’t Run”
13. “Someday I’ll be Saturday night”
14. “Who says you can’t go home”
15. “Lost Highway”
16. “Wanted Dead or Alive”
17. “Do What You Can”
18. “This house is not for sale”
19. “Have a nice day”
20. “Living on a Prayer”
21. “Love is the only rule”
22. “Bad Medicine”

2022 Classic Rock Tour and Festival Preview

More and more artists are returning to the stage.

About Joan J. Hernandez

Check Also

Jimmy Eat World’s Zach Lind Talks About An American Who’s Bleeding For 30 Years And The Band’s Future(s)

Jimmy Eat World. // photo courtesy of the artist Next year rock ‘n’ rollers Jimmy …