SUMMIT TWP., MI – A Michigan native who became a star with Grand Funk Railroad is part of the lineup kicking off the 2018-19 entertainment season at the Potter Center at Jackson College.
American band Mark Farner and Blue Oyster Cult perform at 7 p.m. on Saturday, September 22 at the Harold Sheffer Music Hall inside the Potter Center, 2111 Emmons Road.
Tickets cost $ 48, $ 45 and $ 30 and can be purchased by calling 517-796-8600, visiting the Potter Center box office, or going online at the Potter Center website.
Born in Flint, Farner is best known for performing with the original Grand Funk Railroad, which had hits such as “Some Kind of Wonderful”, “We’re an American Band” and “The Loco-Motion”.
Blue Oyster Cult – a band from Long Island, NY – was listed on VH1’s countdown to the greatest hard rock bands of all time. Three of the band’s classic songs include “(Don’t Fear) The Reaper”, “Godzilla” and “Burnin ‘For You”.
The rest of the season’s entertainment program includes:
- Jeremy Camp and Matthew West (7 p.m. Saturday, October 13)
- The magic of Bill Blagg LIVE! (7:30 p.m. Friday October 19)
- Aaron Tippin, Collin Ray and Sammy Kershaw (7 p.m. Saturday, November 3)
- Wizards of Winter (7 p.m. Friday, November 30)
- CeCe Winans (7 p.m. Saturday January 26, 2019)
- Girls Night: The Musical (7 p.m. Saturday February 2, 2019)
- Best of Broadway: The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber (7 p.m. Saturday February 16, 2019)
- Late Catechism of Nite 3: ‘Til Death Do Us Part (7 p.m. Saturday 23 February 2019)
- Jim Brickman and Melissa Manchester (7 p.m. Saturday 2 March 2019)
- The underwater bubble show (7 p.m. Friday, April 12, 2019)
- Sara Evans (4 p.m. Sunday April 14, 2019)
- “The five dancing princesses” of the Chelsea Ballet (2 p.m. Saturday 11 May 2019)
There are discounts on seasonal packages for those who purchase tickets for three or more shows. Ticket information is available at the Potter Center website.