LAS VEGAS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Taoglas®, a leading provider of advanced components for a smarter world, launches the first in a new series of high-accuracy multi-band GNSS front ends for autonomous vehicles, precision agriculture, automotive, air vehicles unmanned (UAV) and robotics at Mobile World Congress (MWC 2022).
The new TFM.110A is fully integrated with two cascaded Low Noise Amplifiers (LNA) and pre-filters in a small, low profile, shielded surface mount package. When used between the GNSS receiver and the device antenna, the two-stage amplification solution saves designers months or even years of engineering hours by eliminating the need for circuitry of complex and difficult embedded filters and amplifiers. Designed for performance, ruggedness and ease of use, the new TFM series enables transparent signal transmission, signal purity and position accuracy, as well as safety and collision avoidance in IoT and high precision.
Investments in geolocation, telematics and positioning services have made GNSS receivers commercially available, providing more options for integrating satellite connectivity into product design. However, customization is required to properly set performance across the entire signal chain; external RF circuits are required to provide sufficient gain to the receiver without compromising the noise figure of the system. Having access to receiver-optimized RF solutions with high gain and low noise would help designers mitigate integration challenges and technical hurdles that add design cycles.
“Taoglas provides practical antenna and RF solutions that simplify wireless product development and accelerate product launches,” said Olivier Robin, COO at Taoglas. “Our new TFM Series is a great example of how we convert multi-year learning cycles into products that help customers save time, save space and improve performance.”
Multi-band GNSS front ends
The TFM.110A offers fully integrated external RF circuitry in a 15.5 x 15.5 x 2.76 mm package for use between GNSS receivers and Taoglas’ extensive high-accuracy range multiband antennas. Supporting L1, L2, and L5 bands, the two-stage amplifier solution generates high gain, low power consumption, and low noise across the entire signal chain for accuracy, integrity, and continuity of the signal.
TFM.110A Features and Benefits
- Ease of integration – One-piece solution combines impedance matching, careful filter selection and low-noise design for easy and instant use with any GNSS antenna or receiver
- Low noise system design – Built-in pre-filters provide exceptional out-of-band rejection combined with LNAs to properly define the noise figure across the entire signal chain
- High gain architecture – Cascaded LNAs with pre-filters and optimized impedance matching provide sufficient gain to the GNSS receiver without signal-to-noise overload
- Discrete form factor – Small footprint and low profile design in a shielded surface mount enclosure saving valuable space without the need for external components
- Accelerated development cycles – Several years of development and learning cycles by RF design experts, providing the highest levels of integration, manufacturability and robustness
Taoglas is a leading provider of advanced technologies for a smarter world. Our solutions include advanced components and technologies and help OEMs, enterprises and communities solve the complexities of bringing digital transformation solutions to market quickly and cost-effectively. Focused on the design of high performance and advanced antennas and RF, Taoglas has unique expertise in the integration and commercialization of extremely complex technological solutions. With world-class design and engineering expertise, as well as worldwide support and test centers, Taoglas has proven expertise around the world. transportation, connected healthcare, Smart cities and smart building Industries.
For more information, visit www.taoglas.com.