Happy birthday to Billy Duffy from The Cult.
When the Cult’s debut album in 1984, Dream timewas released in England, the band sparked interest with their goth-tinged sound and Duffy’s trippy guitar textures.
However, that was in 1985 Loveand the track “She Sells Sanctuary,” which really put the cult on the map.
Long synonymous with the Gretsch White Falcon, Duffy used the flagship electric guitar on these two landmark albums.
An instrument of choice for decades, Duffy has been honored with its own signature model – the G7593T-BD – in 2013.
Billed as a “bionic, younger, better and improved” version of its original Baldwin-era Gretsch White Falcon, this much-loved signature model is the result of painstaking research and development.
A Gretsch White Falcon may be an unlikely choice for some players, but Duffy created some of the most memorable riffs in hard rock history with his.
“It’s hard to be objective with yourself,” he said Guitarist in 2001. “I think being English and growing up with punk rock instilled a quest to find something musically unusual.
“I like to ride on the edge of experimental sounds. This concept has always been more important to me than being able to play all of Jimmy Page’s solos.
Continuing their vast musical legacy, Duffy and the Cult are once again touring North America this summer.
Tickets for the ‘We Own the Night’ tour go on sale tomorrow, so why not catch the man, the legend, the Falcon live on stage?
Click on here Reserve.
The band’s current schedule is as follows:
- July 8 – St. Paul, MN – Palace Theater*
- July 9 – Milwaukee, WI – American Cell Stage at Summerfest
- July 10 – Chesterfield, MO – The District Factory*
- July 12 – Chicago, Illinois – Riviera Theater*
- July 14 – Cincinnati, OH – PNC at Riverbend*
- July 15 – Dayton, OH – Rose Music Center at The Heights USA
- July 16 – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – Leg AE*
- July 19 – Washington, DC – The Anthem*
- July 20 – New York, NY – The roof of Pier 17*
- July 22 – Philadelphia, PA – Metropolitan Opera House*
- July 23 – Boston, MA – Leader Bank Pavilion*
- July 24 – New Haven, Connecticut – College Street Music Hall*
- July 26 – Syracuse, NY – Crouse Hinds Theater*
- July 27 – Detroit, MI – Meadowbrook Amphitheater*
- July 29 – Leamington, ON – Hogs For Hospice Charity Event at Seacliff Park
- July 30 – Rama, ON – Casino Rama
* with Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and Zola Jesus